chilekat's latest photos on Grows on You, where garden ideas are shared.

Sunday 18 September 2011

The 20 Minute Easy Newborn Hat

The best bit about a project for me, is getting to the end. That’s not to say I don’t enjoy the creative process, I most certainly do; I just find that the most rewarding part for me is holding up the finished piece :)
This pattern is a simple hat for newborn babies that makes a great gift and only takes 20 minutes from start to finish, so it’s ideal; especially if it’s a last minute thing!

Hook Size: 5mm
Yarn Size: DK


Abbreviations:
ch - chain
dc - double crochet
sl st - slip stitch
sp - space

Start by chaining 4 and join with a sl-st to form a ring.
R1: ch3 (this counts as your first dc of this round, same applies for all future rounds), 9dc into ring, join with a sl st (Join all future rows this way). - 10
R2: ch3, dc in same sp, 2dc in each sp to end - 20
R3: ch3, 2dc in next, *1dc, 2dc in next* to end - 30
R4: ch3, 1dc in next, 2dc in next sp, *1dc in each of the next 2 sp, 2dc in next* to end - 40
R5-12: ch3, dc all sp to end.

Tie off and weave in ends.

EASY PEASY!!

3 comments:

Tempest Sharp said...

i need a adult pattern for this, do you have one?

jessabu said...

how would you feel about me using this pattern to create hats to sell? just out of curiosity :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Nice design, gonna try for my niece. I love the concept of a wearable baby sleep sack. Such and handy and useful baby product Both my sons slept cozily and safely in their baby Deedee sleep sacks. I specially love this brand Hygge Ny