chilekat's latest photos on Grows on You, where garden ideas are shared.

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Chilli Update and new plants!

Time for the latest on my plants! They've had a dilute feed of 'Chilli Focus' and now live in the conservatory for most of the day. It's not warm enough for them to stay in there permanently yet, so they have a little routine - under the lights in the spare room from 7am until the conservatory warms up by about 10am, then they go back under the lights for a few hours in the evening once they've been returned to the side room at about 5pm.

It's a bit of a faff, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it when I take my first bite out of the crop!!






I've also decided to plants some other bits and pieces now that I've been well and truly bitten by the growing bug; first there's the 'Tumbling Toms'- a tomato that's grown in hanging baskets and pots due to it's growing habit and has a wonderful shape:



I've plated enough for a few baskets so they can be given away to family.

Also, I decided to grow some cucumbers. I've chosen the 'Bush Champion' variety:

....not because it's a rude name, though it is rather funny, but because they have a compact habit and produce many fruits whilst living quite hapilly in pots.

So it's 'all grow' here!
::groan:: sorry about that.

:-)

No comments: