chilekat's latest photos on Grows on You, where garden ideas are shared.

Saturday 16 April 2011

NOT ALL GREENS ARE GOOD FOR YOU!

A mixed bag of news from the little Welsh chilli conservatory;

Here is the brood as of 5 minutes ago:



GOOD GREEN THINGS:

My Cap 253C is pushing out it's first pods already!!

BAD GREEN THINGS:

At least 7 of my plants are INFESTED with greenfly. They've been swiftly relegated to the black towel of doom....



I've got some plants that have been treated with Bayer ultimate bug killer previously, and some that haven't.... the ones that haven't are far bigger and healthier looking, if possible, I'd like to keep them that way - so I'm trying the fairy liquid method as an experiment. If I don't get any joy, I'll be getting the bayer out again!!

After googling around for the correct ratio of fairy liquid to water, I've decided there isn't one.
Therefore, I settled on the following recipe:

1 GOOD SQUIRT PER LITRE.

Before spraying, I placed the pots onto their side in an effort to prevent masses of soapy suds going into the compost - I've no idea what effect it would have, but I'd rather play it safe. Then I blasted the buggers to heck:



I'll leave them like this until they dry; I don't imagine it will do them any harm to be on their sides for an hour.

After 15 mins, if you look closely, you can see there are already little green dots on the black towel:



Scores on the door so far -

KAT 1 - GREEN GITS 0......

No comments: