chilekat's latest photos on Grows on You, where garden ideas are shared.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Chilli potting and er... a pond!

I spent a chunk of yesterday, and a fair lump of today decorating my lawn with pots....

With 40 plants on the go, I had some serious sorting to do!
I now have 30 chilli plants in the greenhouse, all cuddled up in their final buckets:


I had 40 before I started, but just didn't have the room! I ended up giving 7 to my sister and killed 3 stragglers.

I feel a lot better now that is done. Now I can carry on with the pond that I decided to start digging!!

It all started when I picked up a copy of the RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening; I got to a page showing how to make a pond and thought "I could do that!" Moments later I was on freecycle and found a lady advertising natural stone - just what I wanted to edge the pond that half an hour previously I'd never even considered.......Photobucket

We picked them up a day or so later and busted out a funky shape on the lawn:


Then I roped poor ole Rob digging:


While I began bashing up the leftovers........ FOR A WISHING WELL!!



All I have to do now is learn how to cement........Photobucket

No comments: