chilekat's latest photos on Grows on You, where garden ideas are shared.

Sunday 17 April 2011

Firewalking For The Furries!!

I did it!
Not that there was any chance of me backing out after raising a grand total of £268 for the furries :-)

I also knitted them a kitty hat for their raffle:


Whilst I was in training, Rob took some pics of the fire being started:













And then I was off!!!





One of the best experiences ever - not just for the walk; in the grand scheme of it, the walk itself was a passing moment, even though a very awesome passing moment; what I really got something out of was the talk beforehand. I learned so much - dare I say (at the risk of sounding like I've gone all weird) I may have even learned a bit about myself!

Go on.... laugh!

Anyway, my feet were disgusting afterwards - lovely!:


And here I am with my certificate:


I couldn't recommend it highly enough, it was truly uplifting.

A huge thank you to everyone who helped me by sponsoring and geeing me on. Kat xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat

Congratulations on the walk, I was the man who had to stand up and tell everyone how pathetic ( then brilliant !!)I was in the talk beforehand!! I agree with everything you say about the walk and especially the talk beforhand. I had a great time, and it was for such a great cause. PS. We had camera issues, so I'd really appreciate if you could let me know if you have any pics of me anywhere near the fire!? I went straight after you. Great blog by the way! Chris

Chillikat said...

Hey Chris, how did you find me?!

We didn't get a decent one with you in, but there is a cracking one of you on the pro photographer's website.

it's here:

http://www.mandythomasphotography.co.uk/photo_7659806.html

There's a price list on a separate page.

I have no way of contacting you unless you happen to come back here and read this.

If you add me on facebook I can tag you in the background of one of my pics!

Glad you enjoyed it - it was so awesome!

Chillikat said...

Ok.... it's not liking the links so go to http://www.mandythomasphotography.co.uk/

go to "gallery" then "gem events"
then "cats open day"

That should do it!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Kat, I might even be smiling in that photo!! Shame the fire doesn’t look hotter though, might have to Photoshop that one!

I’d seen your blog before Saturday thanks to a Google search on Bridgend Cats Protection, I thought I recognised you, but didn’t fancy making a fool of myself due to mistaken identity!

I don’t have a Facebook page, but I’ll use Mrs Chris’s profile. And I’ll certainly keep reading your blog!!