chilekat's latest photos on Grows on You, where garden ideas are shared.

Thursday 4 March 2010

I'm 29 tomorrow.....

Wherever did those years go.
I remember it as clear as a bell; on my 18th birthday, my father said to me: "Just wait till you hit twenty one - they'll fly by then...."
I laughed; I had no concept of how it feels when time seems to go so much quicker because you have less of it....

But there you go - you can't stop it, you just have to enjoy the ride!

I'm off out for a meal with my brother and sister, I'm not sure where yet; it'll be nice though, whatever we end up doing. The evening will be spent cuddled up on the sofa with a bottle of something nice and a good film or a few episodes of Scrubs or 'Black Books' -Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey & Tamsin Greig have to be the funniest mix ever!

I strongly urge anyone who hasn't see it to get a copy - you'll laugh your socks off, I promise you.

This will be my first birthday for a long time as a non smoker - I haven't touched a cigarette since Halloween last year.... over 4 months now, I must confess to being more than a little pleased with myself!

Photobucket

I'm surprised at how much healthier I don't feel though; I expected to have so much more energy, I guess maybe I wasn't so unhealthy in the first place! Though giving up does still have it's advantages - everything smells nice in the house, I don't have to go ouside if it's raining just to get a crappy fix and it is rather nice to kiss someone without worrying about how I taste...


...I leave that to the garlic now ;-)
So - 29, feeling fine, happy with my lot, that's for sure. Looking forward to many more healthy and happy birthdays!! I'm off out for a run. Bye! x

No comments: