chilekat's latest photos on Grows on You, where garden ideas are shared.

Thursday 10 October 2019

Cheesy Garlic Roasted Sprouts

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Wtszhmr9o3fONEeeNsAKba_e9NZOdcwn

Today’s experiment; creamy cheese garlic roasted sprouts! I just felt if I ate another egg today, I may start screaming and never stop... 
Here’s what I did, if you want to try it yourself:

Halve the sprouts and fry them in a pan with a good glug of olive oil, until they start to brown.

Add a few shakes of garlic powder and a knob of butter; stir to coat and then pour into an ovenproof bowl. Roast in the oven for 7-8 minutes, remove and season with salt & pepper. 

Drizzle with a little double cream, cover with cheese (I used sliced gouda and grated Red Leicester, but anything would probably work) then return to the oven for 5-6 minutes.

Empty the glorious bowl of bubbly lushness onto a plate and go at it like a whirling dervish... 

I’m so happy right now! **pats full tummy**

No comments: